We have a new name. From the 1st April 2016 we are Long Marston Preschool.
The committee feel some sense of achievement having registered our organisation as a charitable incorporated organisation (CIO) with the Charity Commission, and re-registered our group with Ofsted.
A CIO is a new legal form for a charity and is generally regarded as the most suitable structure for small charitable organisations that employ staff and enter into contracts, and our trustees are now safeguarded from financial liability.
However you won’t and indeed should not see much change to the wonderful pre-school education and childcare that we provide. The following extract from our new constitution summarises Long Marston Preschool’s purpose.
Long Marston Preschool works for the public benefit having as its objects the development and education of children and young people in particular by:
(1) promoting their care and safety;
(2) promoting their education and promoting parental involvement;
(3) promoting their health and wellbeing;
(4) providing services to support them and their families and carers;
(5) providing services to individuals holding membership of the CIO; and
(6) furthering the aims of the Pre-school Learning Alliance.